Monday, September 7, 2015

tomorrow

Don't wake up tomorrow, Mom....please go in your sleep.  You're ready.  We're ready.  Just let go....and know that we send you off with love and tenderness.

IB went crashing to the floor just as I was coming in the door this morning.  It was my first ambulance call.  In between the getting up of her and the examining of her by MR, I got a call from Shan to see if I could have one last talk with Mom.  I could hear her making noises to me as I told her over and over that I loved her and thanked her for being such a good and supportive mother all those years.  Just a few minutes after that, KS's daughter texted to say he was being transferred to a bigger hospital...spitting up blood, and getting weaker.  Then back to IB, my lovely Capricorn the Goat.  Back on schedule by 10am, sore and tired.

I spent some time with SN at LMR, walked the familiar woods and sat at  my grandparents' table....good to be quiet and social at once.
Back home, a soaking in the tub, followed by a couple hours in bed with a book...nap...nap...up again, a snack, and soon to bed.  I am learning to find the balance that cargiving requires.

I hope no calls come until morning....slip off tonight, Mom...Milt will meet you half-way...

No comments:

Post a Comment